Saturday, March 9, 2013

Beef Pot Pie - Simple



For two pot pie crusts use 1/2 of this recipe for the Never Fail Pie Crust


Pie – Never Fail Pie Crust

Ingredients:
        1 Cup Lard
        3 Cups Flour
        1 Egg
        1 Teaspoon White Vinegar or Vodka
        5 Tablespoons Water
        1 Teaspoon Salt

Directions:
        Cut lard into 2 cups of flour until it resembles corn meal.
        Break egg into a small mixing bowl and beat with a fork.
        Add water, vinegar (or vodka) and salt to egg and mix.
        Combine egg mixture with remaining 1 cup of flour
        Gently combine the egg/flour mix with the lard/flour mix – do not over mix
Makes 2 double pie crusts

         I decided to make pot pies for lunch.  The only problem was that I didn't have any pie tins small enough and my muffin tins are too small.  After a little thought, I realized that I had some cans of Beef and Gravy.  The cans are just the perfect size for a pot pie.  I opened both and put them in Glad containers.
I rolled out the dough and used the cans to cut 4 circles or it.  I then rolled the can along the dough, pushing down just firmly enough to mark the dough.
I then used a dough knife to cut along the marks and used the resulting strips to line the inside edges of the cans.  One circle of dough in each can bottom and one circle each for the top of the pie.


I added enough frozen mixed veggies to fill half of each pie.
I then split one can of the Beef and Gravy between the pies. 

Using a fork, puncture the top pie crust to allow steam to escape.

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Turn out into a soup bowl and enjoy.

If this isn't the best pot pie you've eaten, call me and I'll finish up your left overs. Grin!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment